Saturday, November 25, 2017

Taking a Look Around Your House! What a Surprise!


Have you ever just stood around your house and looked at all of your belongings?  I mean really looked!  How much of it is dust collectors?


All the envisioned craft projects that were gong to happen but never did, but next week you swear you will get on it, however, that week passes too.  How about those awesome deals you got because they were on sale and you just had to have them. Half the excitement of the purchase is because your dancing at the amazing deal and you know, your totally going to use it for a project that will be the perfect birthday gift or holiday decoration.  You find more killer deals for an event or party that you were going to plan, but things got away from you and it never happened.  Yet, those things in your home are accumulating. Is any of this sounding a bit familiar? 

If your wondering how and why this all came up, well, this past week, I helped someone clean and get rid of stuff that was no longer needed.  No longer needed because they had passed away.  I saw how quickly all the clothes, knickknacks, jewelry, books and other personal possessions were quickly packed up and taken to a donation place.  Yes, just like that, everything was gone. Things that were important to them but.....maybe not.  Things that were collected over the years and sat around, untouched.  I was blown away and my eyes were opened at all the junk, "I", in my own home had collected.

Upon coming home after a week away, I looked around.  All the sale items I had just sitting around because at some point in my life I intended on using them.  Good grief, the knickknacks and dust collectors I had on display in my own home that is starting to look cluttered and unorganized.  My clothes stacked in my closet that hadn't been worn in a year or two, but I might just want to wear it someday and what about the jewelry, purses and other things I had.  Blew me away!  I DON'T NEED ALL THAT!  Why do I need all that stuff, which is just sitting there.  Were they a comfort to me?  It put a pit in my stomach, and made me think...I may have some hoarder tendencies. 
AGH! NOOOOOO

It was a reality check I needed and I even told my husband that I didn't need much this year for Christmas.  Being together and doing things with family and friends is what I hoped for. 
Laughing and experiencing vacations, new adventures and being with my family & friends is more than money could buy.....and I don't have to dust them off either!

Today...I'm on a mission to declutter my home.  Donating items and selling belonging, including new things that I haven't touched or used.  Any money I receive from selling my incidentals will go towards our family vacation.  Not a moment to waist as I've already listed several items that would be great for someone else, especially during this holiday season.  Perfect time to pay it forward and give to those in need.  What an incredible feeling!

My goal, it to be ready to go for this New Year.  Decluttered, better organized, and saving more money!  Gosh, that sounds wonderful and a lot less stressful.

Have you found yourself in this situation and when is the last time you took inventory at all your stuff and now realize.....Mmmmm, I may have to do the same.  Do you have decluttering ideas?

Until then...Don't Coast in Neutral, Positive Shift Ahead
~ Stacie

No comments:

Post a Comment

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT! Positive Mind, Positive Vibes, Positive Life!

Positive Mind, Positive Vibes, Positive Life!  As you start your morning routine think of something positive.  Even if you're super ti...