Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Own Your OWN Journey and Story!

Own your own journey and story! 

Everyone has their individual stories and each situation is different.  Just because someone went though the same thing as you, they still experience different emotions, thoughts and feelings.  RESPECT IT!  Pushing your own opinion(s) makes them feel bad about theirs.  Sometimes, just letting them vent and listening does more than you know.

How many times have you been in a conversation and explaining your difficult recovery on your hamstring tear. They break-in on your story and tell you how much worse their injury was. Their illness, aliments and recovery trumped your little old hamstring tear. My goodness, let them win that battle! Let them be sicker and have a worse recovery than you!  LOL  I have learned that I don't have to win the battle of being worse off.  They can win that and I'll stick to me being positive and making it though.

When we were trying to get pregnant and going through IVF, we encountered other peoples stories often and some freaked us (actually more like ME) out.  Sometimes, I would be in tears over other peoples stories.  What made me stop listening to them was when we were at the doctors office and I was telling my physician about my fears from other peoples stories.  The doctor told me to stop listening.  What happened to them, happened to them and not myself.  Bodies are different, reactions to medicines are different, we all have our own pregnancy and delivery stories that everyone may I mention LOVES to tell.

After I left the doctors with successful news that we were pregnant, I came up with a mantra.  My own personal mantra! One that fit me and allowed me to continuously say when my mind wandered into the negative zone or fears.  I would say, Cancel, Clear, Delete and proceed to say my mantra over and over, while rubbing my baby belly and until I was confident and positive.

I can't tell you how many newly pregnant mamas I have shared that story with. Most of us have our own fears and we need to learn how to change our thinking as soon as possible.  Mantras help!

At the end of the day, we all struggle personally and its all in how we deal with it or allow others to barge into our own thoughts.  That can really mess with your mind.  Using simple mental tools can help.  Stay positive and don't let anyone break into your own personal mind space.

You've got this and are strong! Own your own journey and stories of your life!

How many of you have experience this battle of stories and how did you get out of it to make yourself feel better?  Mantras seem to work for me.  What's your coping mechanism?

Until then...Don't Coast in Neutral, Positive Shift Ahead
~ Stacie



1 comment:

  1. Love your mantra! Saving it to remind myself that i have control
    Over my thoughts and feelings.

    ReplyDelete

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT! Positive Mind, Positive Vibes, Positive Life!

Positive Mind, Positive Vibes, Positive Life!  As you start your morning routine think of something positive.  Even if you're super ti...